I'm taking a cue from my favorite blogger of all time, Mrs. Mimi, and going to actually try and blog every day in January. Thus begins the trials and tribulations of January...my least favorite month of the year.
I was thinking about what I would say today, or every day this month, and decided that I was going to point out genius things I see in the news. Most likely, educational news, but sometimes I may surprise myself. I feel like if I have a place to put it online, I may stop emailing ridiculous links incessantly to the 3 people I think would read them, inevitably causing them to stop reading my emails ever, even if the emails are important.
So, my thoughts of today. The first, from WaPo. A look at goal setting, especially setting goals that could actually HAPPEN. What a concept. I like the idea of SMART goal setting, (anyone think of how one should write assessments?) and goal setting in every classroom.
Because really, if you don't have a place to go, why on EARTH would you try to get there?
And on another note - the flu and dorm rooms. Eww, gross. I remember being sick in college - we never had the option of a quarantined space. We just laid in our beds. But I only got sick during vacation....
No comments:
Post a Comment