You have to find the humor in everyday situations, or being a teacher will make you want to pull your hair out. This week has been particularly frustrating, because of the new kiddos who are being added into my class... ("Guys, I'm sorry to ask, but are any of you named Carlos?" actually came out in my almost 40 kid class today because of some strange name on the roster) and our class schedules not being changed until Monday.
So I have to find the humor. Here it was, veiled between exasperated sighs.
My advanced class was working on their statistics projects, and while they work, they tend to want to have conversations with me while I'm circulating. Today they started asking about colleges they should go to, or wanted to go to.
Our student council president told me he wanted to go to Northwestern (I may bias them toward thinking that it is the greatest school ever) and then they all started telling me about the schools they dream about: USC, Duke...and often Northwestern. JP, one of my witty students, came to me and told me this.
Ms. L, I know I'm NOT going to Harvard.
Why?
Because there's too many white people. It would be like swimming through white chocolate and me being the only chocolate chip.
My response: But you'd be one of the greatest chocolate chips ever.
Oh JP, you're hilarious.
No comments:
Post a Comment