But I NEVER liked Holden Caufield. Ever. I'm sorry that a GAN (Great American Author) has passed away, but I have ALWAYS ALWAYS said, "Suck it, Holden Caufield. Stop your damn whining."
On a brighter note, I laughed SO hard in class today. Two of my favorites were finished with their test and were working on an integer activity with cards. (It was a killer activity. But SO worth the baby sweat beads forming on their head because of frustration.) So I was sitting with them, and they started chatting with me and I had a deja vu moment and I swear these boys were my friends from 7th grade. Like, acted EXACTLY like them. With the same facial expressions.
Oh I died. We were laughing hysterically because of a few things.
Me: "Spikey, what are you thinking about?" (As his face wanders from the paper)
Dimples: "Yeah Spikey, what ARE you thinking about?" (He proceeds to wink)
Spikey: Turning beet red - "Nothing. I swear."
Or...
Dimples: "What do you call, like, a smart English person?"
Me: "What?"
Dimples: "You know, you have mathematicians and scientists. Do you call a smart English person a reader?"
Spikey: "Did you just hear yourself?"
We laughed SO hard.
Some days, I love 7th graders. Some days.
No comments:
Post a Comment