Sunday, January 3, 2010

Sunday Funday Rituals

I like to call it Sunday Funday because normally it devolves into me and Mr. C planning what to teach our kiddos for the next week. I like having a planning buddy again - last time I tried having a planning buddy, all shit hit the fan.

But before Mr. C and I hunker down, I normally have some Sunday morning rituals that I must confess. The first, Sunday morning is not complete without Post Secret. I don't know why I love this website so much, I just do. My obsession started during senior year of college when a brilliant writer did her final autobiography project in the form of a Post Secret book. I attended college with geniuses. I miss them.

The next stop? A guilty pleasure. I laugh too hard sometimes, and frequently then post the funny ones on Facebook pages, but really, its all out of love.

But that website can, in fact, get you in trouble. So much trouble, in fact, that your Vice Principal (heretofor referred to as Power Trip) calls you at 8:30 on a Sunday night because he heard from someone that a teacher had done some "illicit" things, posted them on Fbook, and he was "concerned."

A) It was from TFLN. B) Thus being a joke. C) No one can see that but friends. D) WHY DO YOU CARE? E) What would you like me to do about it...this freedom of speech?

Power Trip asked me to "talk to her." I said no. Then I promptly told him it was a joke, got mad because HE DIDN'T EVEN READ IT, and went on with my night. After blocking the person who told him about it in the first place.

The next day at school, Power Trip called me into his office (after I decided it was more important to talk to the school counselor - you know, about students, because we were both doing our jobs instead of having power trips) and apologizes because he was out of line.

I still don't accept his apology.

No comments: