When I think of revolutionary, I tend to have visions of the Boston Tea Party, or mainly, white men with pointy hats trying to break free from British control. Apparently I haven't kept up with international revolutions of any kind. Shame on me.
I also think of an idea of a revolt or uprising, and remember my teacher training days where I led a mini-revolt because we were cranky and sleep deprived. And I always have a slight fear of a revolt in my classroom...you know, the day where 37 kids decide that they actually do not want to do the thing I ask them to do.
But in this new year, I want to focus on a new kind of revolution. Here, Forbes lies out educational leaders who are revolutionary, and someday, I want to be added in a list like this. I want to shake up the educational system on a broad scale. I want to be more effective than just one classroom teacher. And someday, I will be.
On a completely different note - but in the vain of writing about how I'm going to become revolutionary - my new favorite place is here. I love data and collecting it (I have since college) but this is an amazing way for me to collect qualitative data without interviewing SO many people. And who doesn't love to click surveys. Really?
No comments:
Post a Comment