Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A typical day in 5th grade

Conversation: (caveat....yet again, my water fountain doesn't work.)

Me: "While we're walking back to class, we can make a pit-stop at the water fountain outside."
Class: "Wohoo!"
Antsy, who was the one most adamant about getting a drink, hangs his head: "I don't want one."
Me: "Antsy, why don't you want to get some water?"
Antsy: "I don't want to get pimp-slapped."
Me: "Wait, WHAT?"
Antsy: "You said we were stopping for a pimp slap. I don't want one."
Me: "I said pit-stop."
Antsy: "What is that?"
Me: "When you get water. Not getting hit in the back of the head."
Antsy: "Oh. That makes more sense."


Writing prompt of the day: Write at least one paragraph persuading Ms. L to give you the class job that you want.

There were SO many hilarious answers. Some were sucking up to me:

"I want to be your runner for I can start to help you alot. I think being your runner will also start to help me help others."


But this one takes the cake (typed exactly as written):
"I want to get that job because I have experiences It that job use to be mine no more."

The only thing that stands between Dickinson and my geniuses is a simple comma or two.

No comments: