Wednesday, May 19, 2010

That's a new one...

This was the first time I've witnessed this situation in my school.

I walked into the hallway to get kids to go places during passing time, and what do I walk into?

A crazy lesbian love triangle screaming match/almost brawl in the middle of the hallway.

Wait, what? I didn't know there were any lesbians in the 8th grade in my school. Seriously?

So I run between them and sort of put my arms up in defense - saying, "girls, girls. Stop yelling. Stop fighting. Walk away." And in my head I'm thinking: "Is this really happening? Are they going to fight? If they fight, I'm screwed because these two are going to kill me."

So they are crying and there is more tension in the air than a frat party during new student week, and my 7th graders are STILL STANDING IN THE HALLWAY WATCHING AS I TRY TO BREAK UP THIS SOBBING MESS OF A LESBIAN LOVE TRIANGLE.

And I don't even know the kiddos names - and there are no 8th grade teachers in sight. So I get one to walk away, the other one goes to the wall and tries to explain it to me - but in a dramatic incoherant 8th grade way. So I'm not quite sure I understand what was going on. I kept hearing, "She cannot keep making her cry. Blah blah blah. I cannot believe she lets her treat her that way."

So after being wholly confused by the pronouns in this situation, and not entirely clear about what is going on, the three girls end up in a kumbaya circle with the principal and counselor.


No comments: