Tuesday, May 11, 2010

On fire...

So I cannot hear. Ever since I flew home from NOLA on Sunday, I have lost almost all hearing in my left ear.

I can actually hear when I turn upside down (please don't ask how I figured that one out) so I'm wholly convinced that it is a a) pressure issue and b) something that has to do with my allergy-induced stuffiness. Compound this with my hatred of doctors, it has led me to seek alternative remedies to fix my ears.

Today, the kiddos told me a remedy. One of them told me to roll up a piece of paper into a cone, put it into my ear, and light it on fire. Then, I should keep a bucket of water by the fire in case I light my hair on fire.

So I did it. I lit it on fire and put it in my ear. I can hear better out of my right ear...but not my left. We shall see. Time to try some other things....

No comments: