Wednesday, April 7, 2010

We go hard.

Yes. I titled this entry correctly. It is:

A) Apparently our school motto. (You know, since our school actually has the name of a male reproductive organ in its name. So it makes PERFECT sense that our motto exploits that.)
B) The only thing (other than boobs) 7th grade boys think about.

Two separate discussions in two different classes made me realize that 7th grade boys have more hormones than PMSing girls.

Part one:

My kids are obsessed with the dance called "The Jerk." There are crazy dance moves in it, they all like to do it, there are like, a million videos of people dancing to it on you tube. I like to think about it as the Macarena of their generation.

Like the Macarena, it will be stupid to them in about 4 years. And they will always remember the dance. Until they die. And they will do it at really awkward events, like a second cousin's wedding. (That reminds me, I better tell the DJ at my sister's wedding that if he plays the Macarena I'm making my father stop payment on the check).

Back to the story. They like this dance. So I'm sitting at my circle table and we're working, and I have to run to my desk to get something. So this boy comes up to me at my desk, and he goes, "Ms. L, you know how much we've been dancing lately?"
"Yes."
"Well, have you ever seen a Jerk-off?"

Rewind. I'll re-write the question.

"Well, have you every seen a Jerk-off?"

OH GOD NO YOU DIDN'T JUST SAY THAT TO ME. AT THE END OF THE DAY. WHEN I HAVE NO FILTER.

I spun around in my chair and silently laughed at my computer. He saw me shaking, thinks about it for a second, and goes, "NO NOT LIKE THAT."

Part two:

We're in advanced math, and they are doing their bell work while listening to the radio. The new Rihanna song comes on, and JP goes, "This song has a lot of metaphors in it. DIRTY ones."

I reply, "Oh, I know."

And then, the smartest girl I have ever known as a seventh grader goes, "I thought they were singing about bacon."

Me: "Wait, what? Honey, they are NOT talking about bacon."

JP: "Oh, well, they could metaphorically be talking about bacon. Well, bacon and eggs. Ha. You know, EGGS." And he proceeds to gyrate his hips around seductively.

ALL OF THIS IS HAPPENING AS I STAND IN FRONT OF THE ROOM. And I laugh.

I wish someone would have warned me that 7th graders have dirty minds.

No comments: