Thursday, April 1, 2010

So high...

Oh my kids are hilarious sometimes. This is one of those times.

One of my kiddos asked me, "Ms. L, can you have a circle graph that has 100% of one thing and 0% of something else?"

THE BEST QUESTION OF LIFE.

My answer: "Why yes. Yes there is." And I proceed to draw this graph as best as I can...




I then showed my favorite picture ever to them. (Its my advanced kids. I was hoping they would get it)

They asked me, "What does meatloaf have to do with anything."

"Meatloaf is a band, geniuses. They sing a song...you know, I would do anything for love, but I won't do that."

Then Mr. Witty steps up to the plate: "Meatloaf is a band's name? That band must have been really high when they named themselves. I mean, they were all probably sitting in a circle, listening to 'Pass the Dutchie', and someone said, we should make a band. Then another guy said, Dude yes, and let's call it Meatloaf. Meatloaf is tasty."

Me: "Did you just reference a song titled "Pass the Dutchie?"

I cannot believe that conversation occured in front of me. I laughed. For a long time.

No comments: