Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Professionality thrown out the window?

Words cannot begin to describe the ridiculousness that is this situation.

Ready? I'll try.

Today I was at duty, shooing children off of the basketball court, when Math Man came to talk to me. This is strange on multiple levels.
1) Math Man is our math coach, which means he spends his day coaching teachers. He rarely interacts with children on duty. Its like, a privilege you get when you get a better job...you deal less and less with children.
2) Never once has he come out to see me during duty.

He told me this story:
Math: "If we were sharing a candy bar, as colleagues, how would we go about this?"
Me: "What? I guess I'd have you split it in half and then I'd pick the half I want."
Math: "Right. You'd split it."
Me: "Yes. Is this going somewhere?"
Math: "Yes. You'd never consider sharing this candy bar by, uhhh...you biting a piece, giving it to me, and then I bite a piece, and give it back to you?"
Me: "No, that's disgusting."
Math: "Right. So why is it that two people shared a candy bar like that during a meeting with me today?"
Me: "YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING."
Math: "I wish."

So apparently we can throw professionality out the window. Yet again, another reason why its almost impossible to work for these people. WHO DOES THAT?

No comments: