How does one spend a day after the "candy bar" incident?
Making ridiculous references to it all day, of course.
Funk, one of my favorite teachers (and people) (and co-workers) of all time won the "reference" contest of the day, offering us his McDonald's soda while we were laughing during lunch. Completely random, completely off guard, just tilted it toward my face right after he sipped and said, "Want some? You sure?"
Classic.
And the rest of the day: putting out fires. I'm so so so so frustrated with the powers that be right now. My major frustration stems from them NEVER being on campus. Ever. Legit. Ever. I work my tail off, never have lunch, go to a zillion meetings (Although this week, Funk beats me), tutor after school, am basically around CHILDREN all day long, and what?
I never see you.
I am at school before you are (and off in my little lair preparing, or doing duty) and leave after you do. (Again tutoring or preparing or grading or actually reading emails that you send to me during the day.)
I don't procrastinate planning, either. I plan on the weekends. I prepare all of my stuff on the weekends. I make presentations and worksheets and read books about teaching math and make silly lesson plans the way you want them to be (wait, you want me to SCRIPT my lesson plans? wait, like I carry them around with me? WAIT. THIS IS RIDICULOUS. You script a lesson plan for me, teach one of my lessons, and THEN I'll do what you ask me to.)
So what are you doing with your day? You roll in 45 minutes after I do. (Often after the duty bell. You know, that bell that signifies the beginning of your contract). You certainly get to leave daily to pick up lunch (mostly impossible for me because I now have to hold lunch detentions daily because you sent a passive aggressive email that we should take care of more of our own discipline and I cannot do after school detention because I TUTOR) and if you don't get work done, can leave it for the next day. (ie - if I don't have work done, my kiddos don't LEARN). But your excuse? "We have to take care of our families."
Excuse I hate: "We have to take care of our families."
Why I hate that: Wait, because I'm single I'm supposed to pick up the slack because I don't have a family? SHUT UP. I'm not going to have a pity party because you chose to have a family. Right. Family is a choice. I have a family too. Just a different one than you do. I made my choice. You made yours. Don't use it as an excuse.
I think I'm just frustrated with a lot of things right now and need to vent. I need to calm down. Vino, here I come.
No comments:
Post a Comment