So, sometimes I complain. Well, most of the time I just tell stories that actually happen and make you make inferences about my feelings. (read: understand what CAPITAL LETTERS and periods. after. every. word mean in my vocabulary).
But really, I actually teach every day because I enjoy it. I'm good at it. And I come to work every day because of my (bum bum bum) SUPER COLLEAGUES! (Imagine trumpets.)
So here's a selection of tributes to them. I'm going to tell everyone why they are so super. (But consider that I'm giving you a pseudonym)
Part one:
Brilliant 8th grade math teacher. We will call her...uh...Ivy. She's from the East Coast. She went to an Ivy League school (much jealousy...let's be honest) She's generally terrific. Case in point:
Today she was teaching about rotations and showed her class a video of Michael Jackson doing a 45 degree rotation on stage during Smooth Criminal.
Let's talk about how EVERY ONE OF HER STUDENTS will ALWAYS remember what a rotation is. (Or at least can hum smooth criminal during the high stakes test.) She does this EVERY DAY. She connects the learning to something that the kids can latch on to, can remember, every lesson that she gives. She's downright awesome. Yay Ivy. (Being TFA doesn't hurt, either.)
Genius 6th grade science teacher. We'll call him Bill. (For Bill Nye the science guy). He has taken on the role of getting the 6th graders extra prepared for high stakes testing this year by integrating a math remediation program during science class. To teach graphing on a coordinate plane (how many different ways can one say, you go in the elevator and then up or down on the elevator?) he has them make these cool drawings that turn into the BATMAN SIGN or SPONGEBOB or generally awesome shapes they all want to make.
ALL WHILE GRAPHING WHICH IS GENERALLY THE MOST BORING THING EVER TO TEACH EVER. (Other than simplifying radicals. Which never needs to be discussed ever.)
Mmmmm....the brilliant things my colleagues are doing make it possible for me to do my job daily.
Just wait....more super colleagues will be discussed soon. A girl has more things to do than just blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment