So, of course, it is approaching the end of the second quarter. Which means, I have stacks and stacks of grading to be done.
I don't hate this grading as much as years previous because I only have to look at an assignment 30 times, as opposed to 120 times. (or whatever it was.)
I have to share some hilarious (and brilliant) poems that were written in response to our visualizing poetry lesson. We read poems about the colors blue and brown, and then had to write our own poetry.
Here's some of the good:
"Green is the color of grass...the kind of grass you sit down and watch the clouds."
"What is red?
Red is the color of stop signs. Red is a hat color...red stripes on the American flag. You can smell the red paint on the walls, red flows in our body so quiet, so calm."
Here is one of my favorites:
"Purple. Purple is the color of the rainbow. Purple is the color of joy. Purple is the Wildcats, my future college!"
And here are the ones that make you go...what goes ON in your brain?
"Red is the color of blood. Red is the color of hot sauce. Red is the color of evil. Red is the color of juice."
"Red is ruby. Red is violence. Red is flame. Red is shirts. Red always be around you. (Illustration? Ninja's karate chopping a bleeding, dead body.)"
"Green is the color grass, green is the color leaves, green is the color of Yoda's lightsaber."
No comments:
Post a Comment