Thursday, October 21, 2010

Super Colleague

Okay. So I haven't paid homage to many super colleagues lately. But honestly, I don't think I could get through this year without this super colleague: Irish.

Irish teaches right next door to me. She and I get to "co-teach" this year with a phenomenal special education teacher. Basically, we split the special education students between our rooms.

But her class is insane.


How insane? One of her students was literally rolling in the mud during the fire drill. Like, was overwhelmed by the noises, sounds, and disorder - so runs away and begins to roll in the mud.

I don't know how she does it. AND SHE is brilliant. Truly an inspiration to us all.

Not only is she the greatest reading teacher of ALL TIME, she is an amazing planner and basically makes me able to function on a daily basis.

She has an intern, too...and is teaching the intern as well as she teaches her students.

Her birthday is on Saturday, so we're spending the next two days celebrating!

I'm really glad she's my super colleague. I might die without her.

No comments: