Today I began the day absurdly frustrated.
Why, may you ask? Because I got a frustrating email from one of our academic coaches, about how "she had been in meetings all week and could just NOT get something done that should have been done last week."
We all know how I HATE EXCUSES LIKE THAT.
Here are suggestions for getting your work done:
1) Stay afterschool like we all do. Have you seen our parking lot at about 5:30? Have you? Oh wait, no, I saw you leave at 3:30.
2) Get to school early. I pull into the parking lot at 7:00 am (or earlier) and there are at least 10 people already there. (Swear to god, in my first year I was one of the first people in the parking lot and I didn't get there until 7:15 or 7:20.)
3) Work during lunch. (Have you ever seen the copy machines going at lunch? They are crazy. And we are wolfing down our food in 2 minutes so we can hold detentions/remediate with kids/study longer/go get something from you because you said to pick it up by noon/have celebrations/and then do duty.)
4) Do some work before you sleep. (My couch and I are best friends during paper grading time, lesson planning time, rubric writing time, emailing time, etc.)
These are all the things that TEACHERS do to get their work done on time. Why, when you leave the classroom to "help" teachers, do you then devolve into refusing to ACTUALLY DO ANY FUCKING WORK ON TIME? DO SOME WORK. Then we'll listen to your asinine suggestions. (maybe. I'm not making any promises.)
It devolved from there.
A different academic coach came to pop-in observe the end of my writing/beginning of my reading lesson. Great! I love feedback. Please, tell me what to do. The only suggestion that was made was to get the kids to "choral read" the poem. But then she asked me to "share" my poetry stuff.
Herein lies the issue. HELLO? Not. My. Stuff. I coplan. It was my amazing partner's stuff. We all know I don't plan reading or writing. SO now I feel bad because it looks like I'm awesome when actually I'm just doing what I was told.
Then this academic coach showed up during our prep time when we sit around and plan for next week. Why? I have no idea. I felt weird that she was just there, watching us. Staring. Not saying anything. Just...spying? Who knows why she intruded on our planning with no warning. SHIT. We're being watched. There goes co-planning.
So, basically, instead of anything useful happening today, I just ended up devolving into frustrated messes because a) people don't do their jobs and b) people spy without telling why.
No comments:
Post a Comment