Today I got to see Ivy (my favorite!) in the copy room today.
Don't even get me started about how I lovelovelove my current job but hatehatehate that we no longer share a door. Or 3x daily conversations. Or window peeks or licking elbows or sighs of ridiculousness when her "observers" come in. I never get to see Ivy. Since she works in dangerous minds and I work across the courts in happy land.
She was dilligently cutting copies for her lesson on combinations versus permutations. I was reading her word problems, and I just starting laughing.
Question: In the morning, you shower, eat, and get dressed. In how many orders can this occur?
Me: "Ivy, do you expect to tell me that you should get dressed before you shower?"
Laughter. Much laughter.
Ivy: "OH. (Laughing.) The kids won't even NOTICE that."
later in the day...
Email:
This is what the kids said about the problem:
Kid 1: "what if you took a shower, ate, then got dressed. You’re sitting around eating breakfast like “yeah they like my body."
Kid 2: "why would you take a shower in your clothes?"
Reply: "Cuz its America."
No comments:
Post a Comment