Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Media Mail

aka the best thing the government has ever done for me.

To start my move off right, I decided that my first step would be to get all the books out of my house here and back to where they are going to spend a good summer (ie. my parents' house.)  Considering I'm selling everything and shipping stuff back, I needed to start packing.

So I boxed all my books and shipped them with the elusive "media mail" option at the post office. 


Friends, best idea ever.  

If you didn't know this about me, one might say I collect books.  So, after packing and taping 7 (yes, 7) boxes of books and then hauling them in my car, to the post office, one by one into the post office door, and into Bonnie's station, I sent back 182 pounds of books. 


Yes.  182 pounds.  

If I didn't insure them (my pride and joy people), it would have cost less than 100 dollars.  I think the total was $108. 

So, thank you, US Government, for making this thing called "media mail" so bibliophiles like myself can ship 182 pounds of books across the country without breaking the bank. 

No comments: