Okay, so teachers' are not supposed to admit this, but, well...we have a secret.
Sometimes, we have favorites.
Like Sal, this little naughty who introduced himself to me before his first day of sixth grade. He is way too adorable and made me laugh for two years in a row. He did some stupid shit (biting a student, for one) but I could never get mad at him for more than 30 seconds. On Kanye Fridays, he would sing like no one was watching. So I videotaped him one day, and it has been entertaining me on days when I needed it.
Or JP, a diva like no one would believe. She should be in trouble daily, but I saw through her crazy exterior and attitude. Her mother and I even clicked. So much so that when she was out of school suspended for 2 weeks before her high school math competency exam in 7th grade, I snuck her into class for those 2 weeks so she didn't get behind. (I had support from our math coach. He unlocked the gate for her every day. So there.)
This year, I have an obvious frontrunner for favorites. Some of my kids can even tell, because even though he does things that are outrageous, I cannot get him in trouble. He's Ninja. He's adorable. Today, he told me that he didn't want just anyone to help him, he wanted ME to help him. "No, Ms. L, I want YOU to do it."
He makes my heart melt. I will miss him...
No comments:
Post a Comment