Thursday, July 22, 2010

Billy Madison's singing in the background...

"Back to school, back to school, to show to daddy I'm no fool..."

Thank you, Adam Sandler, for making one of the best "school" movies of all time. Sometimes, I would love to say to someone, "I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul."

I'm singing this song now because today was my last day of vacation. :( Back to work tomorrow. (Right, it's a Friday. I get it.) I have to work tomorrow at school, Saturday morning at school, and Saturday afternoon teaching new teachers.

I'm absurdly excited for Saturday afternoon. Why? I love the new TFA corps members. They give me so much joy because they are SO excited about getting into the classroom.

I am also excited because some of them are hysterical. I sent a "pre-work" email explaining what I needed them to do for Saturday to be productive. I added something funny on their to do list - for our icebreaker, we are going to introduce our own "theme songs." I had them pick a song that they think depicted their personality or they wanted to play as they walked into a room.

I get this HYSTERICAL email from a corps member I have never met, in which he changed the lyrics to Biggie's "Hypnotize Me" to be my name.

I'm already in love with my group of corps members this year. :)

No comments: