Saturday, February 5, 2011

Worst. Week. Ever.

This week blew.  It sucked, sucked, sucked.  Not just in a crappy, I'm tired sort of way, but in an exhausting, depressing, destructable way. 

I'm bullet-pointing it right now because, well, most need no explanation:
  • Standardized testing brings out the worst in kids.  
  • Cried every day because of the demise of my kid's engagement (see previous bullet)
  • Got "rigor" questioned in a gut-wrenching way (I take that shit to heart)
  • Lost a student to Mexico.  (She's stuck there indefinitely)
  • Support was at an all time low (we all cried.  mostly out of frustration)
  • My car died.  In the dark.  In a bad part of town. 
  • An adult was abducted at my school.  In the parking lot.  While most of us were there. 
  • The abuduction was covered up in the worst way. 
  • Grades were due.  
That's all she's got.  The only thing that keeps me going is that nothing can be worse than this.  Nothing.  

No comments: