I don't ACTUALLY quit.
(Here is where I would have inserted the Saved! video clip where Cassandra climbs down from the ladder after putting up the Prom banner and says, "I quit." For comedic value. But I cannot find the clip for my life. Guess that's what I get for quoting the most RANDOM part of movies.)
But this week, I've felt like quitting. Why? I think it all boils down to the fact that I leave school feeling like the worst teacher in the world. I just feel like I have no support and I am drowning and ALL I want to do is have someone tell me what to do and no one will.
Just tell me what to do to make these kids learn. I've. Tried. Everything.
I'm ill-prepared to teach a classroom full of IEPs. I'm ill-prepared to teach students who cannot read. I'm ill-prepared and I ask for help and no one will be supportive.
All I want to do is see teaching that will reach my kids. Clearly, what I am doing is. not. working.
I'd, just once, like to feel like either someone thinks I am doing a good job (which scares me because hey, it's November and they still cannot read),
OR
someone comes in and does MAJOR overhauls of my teaching.
So, someone help me. I'm drowning. Please.
No comments:
Post a Comment