Apparently, I am very predictable in what I say or how I respond to the kiddies. Here are some examples:
"Miss L, can I ____________?" (insert something idiotic that they will never be able to do)
"Heck no. Now sit down, and do what I ask."
"You sure say that a lot. Heck no is like, your favorite phrase."
Or this one:
Student raises his hand while working. Attempts to say something, and kid next to him says:
"Alejandro, did you self monitor? Did you ask us if we knew how to do the problem, or did you just raise your hand? Take self initiative, you know Miss L will not answer your question unless you self-monitor."
My response: "Thanks, Irving. I'm going to go away now."
And then they ask the funniest questions:
"Miss L, do teachers EVER go to the bathroom?"
"What?"
"Well, I mean, you are ALWAYS in here, like, teaching us. Do teachers ever go to the bathroom?"
"We go when you are in other places. What do you think I do when you are in specials?"
"GROSS MISS L! You spend the WHOLE time in the bathroom?"
"No, you weirdo. But if I have to go, I'll go then."
Ahhhh, the children.
No comments:
Post a Comment