Monday, November 17, 2008

Funday Monday

Oh, what the kids say during class.

First of all - backstory. My kids think that this certain teacher, Mr. S, walks, looks, and acts like a duck. I swear, I did not tell them this, they noticed it completely on their own. (He would disagree, but whatever. This is my blog.)

So, today, during CNN Student News, they put up a "word to the wise" and the kids guess what the word means. Today - "Lame Duck." (meaning, a person or group of people who work in government between an election and an inauguration.)

One kid yells out, "Mr. S?" I laughed so hard I turned red.

Then, Mr. S decided to grace us with his presence during math class. They have a field day every day with them, but someone started quacking... I laughed so hard, I turned red. I had to look away, and Mr. S goes, "Don't kill yourself, Miss L." I don't think he quite enjoys my class of 30 students torturing him.

I find it kind of ironic. Or poetic justice. Yeah, more like poetic justice.

No comments: