Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Act your age, not your I.Q.

Being at math camp inspires its participants to act as 12 year olds. The example: flicking my face and not facing the consequences.

Yesterday, while driving back to math camp from lunch, Mr. S decides it would be funny to flick me in the face. Hard. So I want to get him back, right?

Today, we were sitting at lunch, and I told Mr. W to tell Mr. S that he walks like a duck. "S," he calls, "you know you walk like a duck?" What does Mr. S do? Proceeds to flick me in the back of the head. This, mind you, means war.

So, when we were driving back, I slap him upside the head and say, "that is for flicking me in the face."

He proceeds to grab my arm and try to bend my fingers back...but apparently that pain was not enough so he pulls my arm to the front of the car and twists my arm in what he likes to call an "indian burn." It hurt. A lot. So my response?

I bit him.

He let go. Mission accomplished? I would think. But, no. I forgot that Mr. S fights back with words and actions. His response? "What are you, a beaver?"

"No, I am not a beaver. And don't call me that. Its derogatory."

"Whatever, beav. It fits perfectly."

So now, the nickname sticks. Damn you, Mr. S. All I say is, act your age, not your I.Q.

No comments: