Thursday, March 24, 2011

The punishment should fit the crime

Really had to say these things:

"ADD, please put your noose away."

"ADD, this is the second time I have told you to put away that noose."


"ADD, no matter how funny you think it is, you are not allowed to put that noose on our skeleton." 


Almost died today when:

J was making a bar graph today, and he messed up the intervals.  The bars were too close together and only took up a quarter of the page.  

I said, "J, that looks awful."


He retorted, "YOU look awful."

I ALMOST DIED OF INTERNAL LAUGHTER.  Good job, kid.  That's what I would have said to my friends. 

So I looked at him and said, "Go tell Scary 6th grade teacher what you said.  Maybe she'll send her pterodactyl after you."  

He started crying right there, begging me to not make him go. 

So what did I do?  I sent ADD as his escort to take him to Scary's room and retell the event.  As I laughed on the inside for hours. 

No comments: