Tuesday, July 19, 2011

It has happened to me...

So, it has finally happened to me.

I was ordering a bed for my new apartment in Boston and had to pay over the phone.  Now, let's just set some things up:
a) I have money to pay for this
b) I have a big credit limit to pay for this
c) I paid my bill yesterday.  So I literally have a huge limit on my card

So I put it in, and the guy said, "Oh, your credit card got rejected."

WHAT?

I made him do it again.  Maybe I said the numbers wrong?  Because I'm sitting here LOOKING at my bank account and there is no way this did not go through. 

Nope, rejected again.  "Maybe you spend more than you think,"  says the guy. 

So I gave him another card.  And it happily wasn't rejected.  But I wanted to use my credit card so I could wait to pay until I got paid. 

So I get off the phone and call my bank. 

The reason for the rejection?  "Well, we have been tracking some suspicious purchases, because you were in Vegas for so long and then decide to make a purchase in Boston.  So we rejected the card to make sure that you were the one using it."

HAHAHAHAHA.  Of course.  Obviously, I'm a suspicious spender.  Good thing everything is back to normal. 

No comments: