So, I've always been vaguely interested in cognitive neuroscience and the way the brain works. I took classes on it in college, and have a general idea of ways the brain works and does some tasks.
I read brain-based research all of the time. This is one of my favorite books. I saw him speak at my school and love love love what he says. I got an email from my principal over break about this exciting book that she thought I would be interested in. I can't wait to read it.
But then, the WaPo publishes this rebuttal to the previous book and makes some very interesting claims.
I will sum up the claims like I should sum up my years of undergraduate work and basically, any research about real people:
We don't really know how everything interacts and why people do the way they do. It has something to do with the brain, human interaction, social situation, culture, economics...the list could go on. But basically, we don't know.
Oy. It seems like cognitive neuroblabber to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment